Peridot Stone is the gem form of Olivine, a magnesium iron silicate mineral of the forsterite-fayalite family, with the amount of iron being responsible for the color. While Olivine is an abundant mineral, gem-quality Peridot is rather rare, especially in larger stones. It varies from bright yellow-green, lime or pure green, to deep olive or brownish-green; the most valued being a dark olive-green
Benefits of Peridot Stone
Peridot Stone is highly beneficial for attuning to and regulating the cycles of one’s life, such as physical cycles, mental or emotional phases, as well as intellectual progression. It also helps dissipate negative patterns and old vibrations that play over and over, keeping one from realizing they are deserving of success
A stone of transformation, Peridot Stone is excellent for use in recovery from tobacco or inhalant dependencies, as well as other addictions.
Peridot Stone is ideal for discharging emotional issues that affect the physical body.
Use Peridot Stone to gain results when seeking items that are lost or mislaid in the physical world, as well as in the quest for an enlightened state.
Wear Peridot Stone set in gold to bring peaceful sleep. It is especially effective for those who suffer from recurring nightmares about evil spirits, murders or sexual attacks
Wear Peridot Stone as a talisman of luck and as a sun stone to prevent personal darkness.
Peridot Stone adds charm and eloquence to your presentations, evokes a positive, helpful response from normally unhelpful people, and increases profit in trades.
Peridot Stone is naturally protective against envy, gossip behind your back, and people who would deceive you Healing Power
• Peridot Stone assists in balancing the endocrine system, especially the adrenal glands, which govern the health of the physical body, and acts as a tonic to liven the entire system making it healthier, stronger and more radiant.
• Peridot Stone supports the digestive system and the proper assimilation of nutrients from food, water and light, and may be used to aid optimal functioning of the gall bladder, liver, pancreas and spleen.
• Peridot Stone helps to strengthen the eyes with relation to astigmatism and nearsightedness, and to provide relief from, and aid in, the healing of ulcers of the stomach and duodenum
• Placed on the abdomen, Peridot Stone has been utilized as a facilitator for the birthing process, stimulating contractions and assisting the opening of the birth canal, lessening pain.
• Peridot Stone may be used in conjunction with treatments for psychological disorders, and has been thought to energetically balance the swings of bipolar disorder.
• Peridot Stone is a marvelous aid for overcoming hypochondria, depression, and melancholy.
How to wear Peridot
Peridot Stone gives the best results in the little finger. The mount of mercury is just below the little finger.
Source of Peridot
: Peridot Stone have been found in a large number of locations, including Brazil, Pakistan, Australia, Ireland, Russia, Sri Lanka, USA and Egypt
Peridot Rs. 1100.00 Per Ratti, 2100.00 Per Ratti.
Category : Carbonate mineral
Crystal symmetry : Orthorhombic dipyramidal
Chemical formula : Al2SiO4(F,OH)2
Strunz classification : 9.AF.35
Color : Colorless, blue, brown, orange, gray, yellow, green, pink and reddish pink
Crystal system : Orthorhombic
Crystal habit : Prismatic crystals with faces striated parallel to long dimension; also columnar, compact, massive
Mohs scale hardness : 8 (defining mineral)
Luster : Vitreous
Streak : White
Specific gravity : 3.49–3.57
Diaphaneity : Transparent
Optical properties : Biaxial (+)
Refractive index : 1.606–1.629, 1.609–1.631, 1.616–1.638