Associations of Nine Dieties With The Auspicious Gemstones
The festival of Navaratri commemorates Mother Durga's nine incarnations. It is a festival of Hindus which honors the mighty goddesses. It falls throughout the months of Chaitra and Sharada. Chaitra Navratri occurs in the month of April and marks the start of the Hindu Calendar; thus, Navaratri is celebrated as the beginning of a new year in the Hindu religion.
Navaratri is a Sanskrit term that translates to "nine nights. It continues for 9 days during which people celebrate by making good food and enjoying with their family and friends. Lady Durga is called and venerated in her nine celestial incarnations. This event is celebrated throughout the country but in diverse ways. While the triumph of Hindu goddesses Kali and Durga is the main premise, each location adds a unique touch of their culture to celebrate in their own way.
The goddess Durga, in her celestial form, is said to rule the universe through the arrangement of planets. Several planets and their accompanying astrology have been recorded in Hindi scripts. In addition, gemstones have a strong connection to planetary motion. A professional astrologer can describe the correct association and provide you with a broad perspective to understand things correctly.
It is believed that the goddess Durga manifests cosmic force in the body's energy system through the means of gemstones. Our bodies have seven Chakras that work and modulate a certain energy that works through the vibrations of the planet. Changes in the position of the planet can alter the energy of our bodies and cause profound changes in our lives.
Let us bring peace, well-being, and goodwill into your life this Navaratri with devotion towards the nine various avatars of goddess Durga.
DAY1: MAA SHAILPUTRI
SHALIPUTRI means daughter of the great king, also known as Hemavati, Sati Bhavani and Parvati, as Shali signifies mountain and putri signifies daughter. She has a crescent moon on her forehead, hence known to control the most important nerve called Central Nerve or Sushumna Nadi. This central part of the brain gets controlled by the planet moon. The Pearl gem is associated with the moon.
- SHALIPUTRI means great king's daughter, also known as Hemavati, Sati Bhavani, and Parvati, because Shali means mountain and putri mean daughter. She bears a crescent moon on her forehead and so controls the most significant nerve, known as the Central Nerve or Sushumna Nadi.
- The planet Moon is in charge of the center of the brain and Pearl gemstone is connected with the moon; it also has a strong affinity with the gemstones Emerald and white sapphire.
- People who are dealing with anxiety issues are recommended to wear pearls as this gem brings peace, and calmness and also helps to promote positive thinking. It is also believed that this gem can help to improve maternal relationships and strengthen mutual bonding. As far as emerald is concerned, it is also known to relax the mind. Emerald is famously known as Panna and helps to improve mental health. On the other hand, white sapphire helps to deal with marital issues and helps to restore love and harmony.
- Pearls are advised for people who suffer from anxiety because they create tranquility, and calmness, and also stimulate positive thinking. This gem is also said to assist strengthen maternal connections and establish mutual understanding. Panna is known for its ability to boost mental wellness. White sapphire, on the other hand, aids in the resolution of merit difficulties and the restoration of love and harmony.
DAY2: MAA BRAHMACHARINI
- It is stated that in this avatar, the goddess performed Tapasya in order to obtain Lord Shiva as her husband. Brahmacharini has significant authority over the planets Mercury and Emerald; the stones linked with these planets are yellow sapphire (also known as Pukhraj) and emerald.
- Emeralds promote financial growth, creativity, and intellect, as well as improve the wearer's memory.
- Pukhraj, on the other hand, assists to bring wealth, prosperity, and success.
DAY3: MAA CHANDRAGHATA
- Day 3 is dedicated to Maa Chandrghata, the third avatar of Maa Durga. She is the wedded form of Maa Paravati, and she is adorned with weapons, which represent victory over evil. She is a symbol of energy, action, immunity, and health. This goddess is thought to provide professional and intellectual prosperity.
- The linked gemstones include ruby, red coral, and blue sapphire, hence it is recommended to wear these gems on the 3rd day of Navaratri.
Day4: MAA KUSHMANDA
- Kashmanda is formed from three words: 'ku,' which means little, 'ushna,' which implies warmth, and 'amanda,' which means creator of the universe. There is a notion that Maa Kushmanda dwells inside the sun and uses its energy to illuminate the universe. Kushmanda promotes creative pursuits, as well as overcoming a lack of confidence and improving one's lifestyle. This goddess' energies are related to white sapphire, zircon stones, yellow sapphire, and opal.
- On the fourth day of Navratri, these stones will demonstrate their power. These stones may offer happiness, health, and the potential for childbirth. Do wear these stones on the fourth day to receive Maa Kashmanda's blessings.
DAY5: MAA SKANDMATA
- When Maa Parvati gave birth to Sakand or Kartikya, she was given this name. Maa Skandmata is depicted in scriptures holding her six-faced baby in her four arms; the six faces represent the six houses of astrology, which are Enemy, Disease, Loan, Anger, Pride and Jealousy
- Blue sapphire, emerald stone, and yellow sapphire are the linked stones. Wear one of these gems on the fifth day of the year to begin the year on a favorable note.
DAY6: MAA KATYAYANI
- The angry form of Maa Durga was adored on the sixth day; this avatar is known to kill the demon Mahishasura. Maa Katyayani was named after her father, Katyayan Rishi.
- Ruby (also known as Manik stone), yellow sapphire, and red coral are the gemstones linked with this avatar.
- If you are intending to prepare or are currently preparing for civil services exams, wear Manik stone as it helps to sharpen the mind, improve concentration, and provide clear vision.
- Whereas, Red coral and Moonga are good for persons in the army, athletics, and law enforcement.
- Both ruby and yellow sapphire aid to boost confidence, and willpower, and make better decisions by boosting your decision-making abilities.
DAY7: MAA KAALRATRI
- Maa Kaalratri is an angry avatar of the goddess Durga who is known for annihilating the demons Sumbha and Nisumbha. She guards against evil forces and misfortune.
- Wear Hessonite, Red coral, and Neelam on the 7th of Navratre to receive the blessings of Maa Kaalratri and to protect yourself from harmful energy. Wear Hessonite to relieve stress, anxiety, and fear and to receive Goddess' blessings.
- It is recommended to wear red coral or blue sapphire to move your fortune in a favourable direction if you are looking for a profit in a company or jobs.
DAY8: MAA MAHAGAURI
- On the eighth day, never forget to worship Maa Mahagauri with pure intentions. Worshiping this powerful goddess can help undo past and present mistakes.
- Wearing pearl, emerald, and white sapphire on the eighth day of Navratri can have a beneficial impact on one's life. Pearl and Panna's stones are known to offer serenity, tranquility, and clarity, as well as to assist relax the mind and promote good mental health. Pearl also aids in the treatment of eye, heart, and skin diseases.
- When comes to White Sapphire, these gems aid in the resolution of marital issues and foster healthy bonding, as well as bringing peace and harmony.
DAY9: MAA SIDDHIDATRI
- The ninth form of Maa Durga, Maa Siddhidatri, should be worshiped on the last day of Navaratri. The word siddhi implies supernatural abilities, and datri means giver, hence it is stated that Maa Siddhidatri brings renown and financial growth. These blessings can be obtained by wearing yellow sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, or Manik on the 9th day.